Deadline for submission of applications: 22 September 2019
The International University of Rabat is launching its PhD scholarship program for the 2019-2020 academic year. These scholarships are intended for Moroccan and foreign students holding Master's degrees or equivalent diplomas, recognized by the Ministry of National Education, Professional Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research.
This program aims to provide training to PhDs in priority research areas defined by the International University of Rabat as part of two postgraduate courses accredited by the Ministry of National Education, Professional Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research:
- PhD in Science, Technology and Engineering ( STE )
- PhD in Human, Social and Management Sciences ( HSMS )
The monthly PhD scholarships amount to MAD 8,000. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their academic excellence, motivation and ability to meet the requirements for the preparation of a full-time doctoral thesis. Applicants should have strong scientific skills and a high proficiency in spoken and written English.
PhD students will be required to complete additional courses (approximately 200 hours) culminating in examinations, carry out their research projects and participate in teaching for up to 20 hours per month.
The first year of PhD studies is decisive for the continuation of doctoral studies. PhD students must:
- Successfully defend the progress of their research activities before a committee.
- Be positively evaluated for their involvement in teaching activities.
Applicants interested in the research projects proposed as part of these two PhD courses are invited to submit their application by completing the form below with the requested documents to the email addresses indicated for each of the projects.
Documents to be provided:
- A substantiated request to enroll in a PhD program at UIR.
- Duly completed application form
- A copy of the identity card, residence permit or passport;
- 1 recent passport photo;
- Copies of the High School Diploma, Undergraduate and Graduate Diploma (or equivalent)
- PDF copy of the Master's thesis or equivalent
STI PhD Scholarships
- Topic 1 : Advanced magnetocaloric oxides for efficient and ecofriendly cooling systems
- Topic 2: Developing smart mechanical structures made of natural fiber based composite materials for the automotive application
- Topic 3: Quantum Antiferromagnetic Materials for Magnetocaloric Cooling and Spintronics Applications
- Topic 4: Phosphate-based materials for high energy density batteries
- Topic 5: Topic 5: Passive Drag Reduction of the Road Vehicle
- Topic 6 : Mechanobiological study of the impact of medical treatments on the evolution of osteoporosis: Modelling and experimentation
- Topic 7 : Model Predictive Control Approaches for Energy Management in Micro-Grid Systems
- Topic 8 : Multi-objective study of the human knee biomechanical behavior
- Topic 9 : Modeling, Sizing, and Development of Gravity Energy Storage System
- Topic 10 : Reliability and thermal management of GaN devices for integration in EV/HEV power electronics
- Topic 11 : Chalcopyrite materials for solar energy: strengthening the conversion of solar energy and storage
- Topic 12 : Bio Aerodynamics Inspired-Airfoil, Wing and Flow Control Development
- Topic 13 : Design and deployment of a new biodigester for a clean powered methane production
- Topic 14 : Design and Development of Dual Missions CubeSat: UIRCubeSat, a University Satellite Project
- Topic 1 : Cyber threat intelligence using big data analytics
- Topic 2 : Data sciences for improved education and employability in morocco
- Topic 3 : Machine learning for data-driven optimization under uncertainty
- Topic 4 : Simulation-driven machine learning for transportation operations
- Topic 5 : Data-driven multi-objective optimisation for urban logistics
- Topic 6 : Heuristic methods for big data associative classification mining /a>
- Topic 7 : Big semantic driven social networks sentiment analysis
- Topic 8 : Big data graph oriented analytics for sequence alignment
- Topic 9 : Design and optimisation of IoT sensor systems for home automation
- Topic 10 : Security in future SDN and NFV-enabled communication systems Topic
- Topic 11 : Security and privacy in smart grid
- Topic 12 : Deep learning for robust vision-based localisation, mapping and navigation for mobile robotics
HSMS PhD Scholarships
- Topic 1 : On the links between renewable energy, agriculture, climate change and financial markets and currencies
- Topic 2 : Digital money and implications for financial investors
- Topic 3 : Optimal dynamic lot sizing and pricing with risk management in a supply chain
- Topic 4 : Assessment of the supply chain maturity of companies in Morocco (OBM and OEM)
- Topic 5 : Development of a framework for the design and planning of the public Healthcare supply chain
- Topic 6 : Network design with congestion effects and demand uncertainty
- Topic 7 : Forecasting systemic risk in portfolio theory: the role of technical trading rules