Missions of the Research Council
The Research Council is responsible for the development and implementation of the University's research, development and innovation (RDI) policy and strategy. .
The President of the University or the University Council may refer any matter relating to the University's research activities to it. The deliberations and conclusions of the Research Council are validated by the University Council.
As such, the University Council: :
- proposes to the University Council the general research policy of the University and translates it into strategy;
- develops the University's research priorities and proposes them to the University Council;
- ensures the development and monitoring of the thematic priority areas selected by the University Council;
- prepares the research budget and the allocation of resources, which it proposes to the University Council;
- establishes with the Academic Council the profiles and methods of recruitment, profit-sharing, motivation, evaluation of research professors and their career development;
- sets out the University’s research policy on partnerships and gives its opinion on the partnerships under consideration;
- gives its opinion on master’s and PhD courses;
- It follows the activities of the CEDoc (PhD School) of the University and the progress of PhD students’ work;
- carries out an internal evaluation of the University's research facilities;
- gives its opinion on technology development and transfer activities;
- proposes the research communication policy to the University Council;
- prepares a yearly UIR research report.
Composition of the Research Council
- The President of the University
- The Vice-President of Research and Development, who chairs the Research Council
- The Vice-President of Academic Affairs
- Directors of research, valorization and transfer labs and centers
- Directors of institutions
The President of the Research Council may invite to meetings any person deemed competent to deal with items on the agenda.
The Research Council meets in ordinary session once a month. Whenever necessary, the President of the Research Council may convene extraordinary sessions.