The MS2B research team is coordinated by Prof. A. BARKAOUI and composed by researchers with skills in mechanical engineering, biology, applied mathematical and materials science. The mission of this research group is the development of biomechanical models to simulate, optimize and study the biomechanical and mechanobiological behavior of living materials, in particular the bones and joints of the human body.
The main topics addressed are:
- Finite element modeling of mechano-biological behavior of bone
- Study of the mechanical behavior of bone joints
- Finite element modelling of bone implant, prosthesis assemblies
- Modelling of mechanical behavior of bones
- Multiscale modelling of bone structure
- Experimentation and modelling of the impact of disease on bone behavior