The main objectives of the CAEP are to:
- Present the key developments in corporate governance in general and in Public Institutions & Enterprises in particular at the international and national levels,
- Understand the legal and regulatory environment of Public Institutions & Enterprises in Morocco and its impact on the organization and operation of their governance bodies,
- Pinpoint the roles, missions, rights, duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors, the PSE administrator, the GA and the management team,
- Develop best practices for the Board of Directors and specialized committees,
- Address the issues of sovereignty and independence of the Board of Directors and the notion of independent director and define the issues at stake to ensure good governance,
- Assess the importance of the director's conduct and posture with regard to the dynamics of the Board of Directors,
- Evaluate the work and contribution of the Board of Directors: Self-evaluation versus external evaluation.