UIR Study Abroad Fair – 4th Edition
The 4th edition of Study Abroad Fair has taken place at UIR Campus on Tuesday 11th of February 2020.
Hundreds of students gathered in our hallway around the booths dedicated to our partner universities to have a glimpse of their mobility opportunities and destinations in the semesters to come.
During this special day, we hosted the representatives of some of our partner universities, namely:
· Mississippi University - United States of America
· Cankiri Karatekin University- Turkey
· University of West Timisoara, Romania
· ESIC Business & Management School, Spain
· ISTC Lille, France
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
Cooperating with our partners has been incredibly fruitful on different levels: student mobility, double degrees, joint research, Erasmus+ programs.
A heartfelt thank you to:
Mihaela Poputa, Julie Bergues, Julie Jordan, Lindsey Shelton & Lauren Wright, Hasan Ayranci, Ali Sarica & Tayfur Uysal.
UIR International Staff Week 2020
From February 10th to 13th 2020, we hosted on our campus the 2nd edition of UIR
International Staff Week, focused on the topic of “Internationalization of Higher
Education. Intercultural Skills and Communication.”
We organized this event to celebrate the fruitful cooperation between UIR and its partners all around the world, and to exchange ideas, experiences, and best practices on internationalization.
Since its foundation in 2010, UIR made internationalization one of its main axes of
development. Therefore, the international component at UIR is growing on
all levels year by year: among administrative staff, faculty members and student’s
UIR International Relations Team was founded in 2016, and over the past
4 years it has managed to create a network of 155 partner universities from all over
the world and to engage with them in multiple projects.
Visit of the Ambassador of Australia
Mrs Berenice Owen-Jones, Ambassador of Australia in Morocco, honored us by visiting UIR Campus on February 10th 2020.
During her visit, her Excellency the Ambassador met the group of Australian Students from the University of Melbourne, who attended a 5 weeks Winter School at the UIR.
UIR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Until the present day, we have not witnessed any case of COVID-19 on UIR Campus.
UIR has been closed to the public since Monday, March 16th 2020, in accordance with the recommendations of the local government.
Throughout the Spring semester, all classes have been held online through the platform Microsoft Teams.
Since the COVID-19 started spreading in Morocco, a series of preventive measures have been taken to keep our university community safe:
· All international students living on campus have been re-allocated to single rooms without additional fees;
· The dormitories have been disinfected to guarantee a clean and safe environment for our students;
· During the whole lockdown period, UIR has provided all international students living on Campus with weekly food baskets with a value of around $100 per week, containing goods such as pasta, rice, tuna, bread, yogurt, milk, eggs, fruit…
· A note has been shared with international students regarding the preventive sanitary measures to adopt while staying on Campus
· A Doctor has been available on Campus throughout the lockdown
· A team composed by administrative staff has been rotating to be permanently present on Campus.